DATE: January 11, 2002
TO: Philadelphia Meeting Symposium Organizers
FROM: Elizabeth Brennfleck, Director of Meetings and Exhibits
RE: Philadelphia Meeting Technical Program Planning
The complete listings of the meeting abstracts received to date and the electronic scheduling templates have been finalized and posted on the Web. Please be sure to re-check your list of abstracts against the special Symposium Organizer Web Page.
We will continue to update these listings daily up until January 18, 2002 to accommodate any late authors and/or invited speakers. Use the Preliminary Author Index to locate missing authors whenever possible to see if we have the abstract already.
Your completed scheduling forms (which can be downloaded from the web address listed above) must be received at Society headquarters no later than January 18, 2002 (but of course we will gladly take them earlier!). You may e-mail them to us firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX them to us at 609.737.2743. Please refer to the following list of helpful hints when completing the Preliminary Scheduling Forms:
Should you have any questions or require additional information, please contact me as soon as possible.
* All schedules must be received by January 18, 2002 or earlier if possible. Please be sure to check the schedule of events and use the corresponding template to plan your symposium. We will do our best to accommodate scheduling requests, however you may be required to modify your schedule to accommodate our final program.
* The suggested length of papers is twenty minutes for contributed papers, and thirty minutes for invited papers.
* Papers on Monday will be scheduled between 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM, 1:40 PM - 6:00 PM, student posters between 6:00 - 7:30 PM.
* Papers on Tuesday will be scheduled between 8:00 AM - 10:40 AM, 1:40 PM - 6:00 PM, posters between 6:00 PM and 7:30 PM.
* Papers on Wednesday will be scheduled between 8:00 AM - 10:40 AM, 1:40 PM - 6:00 PM
* Papers on Thursday will be scheduled between 8:00 AM - 9:40 AM, 10:20 AM - 12:00 PM, and 1:40 PM - 6:00 PM, posters between 6:00 PM and 7:30 PM.
* Papers on Friday will be scheduled between 8:00 AM - 9:40 AM, 10:20 AM - 12:00 PM, and 1:40 PM - 6:00 PM.
* Contact other Symposium Organizers to check for scheduling conflicts with other symposia of a similar scope and/or topic.
* You must have at least six papers in your symposium. Otherwise the papers should be either rescheduled in another symposium, or rejected.
Since every Symposium Organizer does not have an e-mail access, we encourage you to communicate with your co-organizers to develop the preliminary schedule of papers, suggested days of operation, and expected attendance for your symposium. The technical program will be finalized on Monday, January 21, 2002; therefore no additions, deletions, or alterations will be accepted after this date. We anticipate the receipt of your completed scheduling forms before the January 18th deadline.
Thank you for your cooperation and look forward to working with you toward the success of the meeting.