These are the 2020 updated deadlines and submission guidelines for division, section, and student chapter news to be considered for Interface.
2020 Submission Deadlines for Divisions, Sections, & Student Chapters
|Interface Issue||Submission Deadline||Anticipated Publication Date|
|Spring||January 15, 2020||March 27, 2020|
|Summer||April 15, 2020||June 26, 2020|
|Fall||July 15, 2020||September 25, 2020|
|Winter||October 15, 2020||December 25, 2020|
Submit division news to Genevieve.Goldy@electrochem.org.
Submit section and student chapter news to Keerthana.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Point of View: Material must be written in the third person.
Timeliness: Interface is published quarterly—spring, summer, fall, and winter. It is best that your update includes information about events, initiatives, accomplishments, etc., from within the last three to six months.
Details: Be specific. If you describe an activity, state where, when, and who. Give the full names of the speakers and other participants in the article. Double check the spelling of the names of persons and places. Consider whether someone may prefer to be referred to (in a publication) by Ms., Dr., or Prof., instead of a first name.
Length: Submissions should contain enough content to be concise and relevant. The length of your submissions may vary dependent on the number of activities you have scheduled. However, the preferred minimum length is two to three paragraphs.
Formatting: Do not format your documents, except for paragraphs and italics, etc., if needed. The text will be reformatted. Submit all material in English via a Microsoft Word document.
Photographs: Pictures help to showcase your members and events, drawing attention to your activities. Ensure that your photo(s) meet these requirements:
- Each picture MUST be sent as a separate attachment to an email.
- Photos must have a resolution of at least 300dpi; this means that the picture file will likely be larger than 1 MB.
- Include captions in your Microsoft Word document for each picture. Each caption should include a brief, one sentence description, and list the names of all the individuals, or the group’s name.
- For a picture showing several recognizable people, provide names (usually, left to right). Your photo caption should include a list of their names if the group is less than six to eight people. If the group is larger, then the resolution is probably not high enough to recognize each person, and it is better to provide the name of the group.
- With a picture showing several recognizable people, provide names (usually, left to right). Your photo caption should include a list of their names if the group is less than six to eight people; if the group is larger, then it is likely the resolution is not high enough to recognize each person and it is better to provide the name of the group in the photo.
- Photos that have individuals under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a release form signed by a legal guardian. Contact Shannon.Reed@electrochem.org for this form..
NEW PHOTOGRAPH REQUIREMENT: Written permission from the photographer allowing ECS to use the photograph is now required. An email from the photographer is sufficient. ECS will publish the name of the photographer if asked to do so.
For more information about submitting your news, please review the submission guidelines outlined in the ECS Digital Library.
ECS is looking forward to reading your contributions!