Call for Papers
ECS Journal of Solid State Science and Technology
Focus Issue on Photovoltaics for the 21st Century
The ECS Journal of Solid State Science and Technology will publish a focus issue in connection with the Photovoltaics for the 21st Century 16: New Materials and Processes Symposium taking place during PRiME 2020.
Electrochemical and solid state sciences have major roles to play in removing many of the barriers to terawatt solar photovoltaics. The journal invites submissions in both current and emerging areas of solar photovoltaic research, and covers a whole spectrum of cell technologies from silicon to thin films and emerging technologies. Topics of interest include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Scalable and green solution-based processing technologies for solar cells;
- Emerging perovskite, organic, quantum dot, and hybrid solar cells;
- Devices and materials for scalable manufacturing, stability, and performance;
- Earth-abundant solar materials: synthesis and properties;
- Device degradation and reliability for current and future solar modules;
- Cost-effective approaches to recycle current and future waste solar modules;
- Sustainable practices of waste treatment in solar cell and module fabrication.
Accepting Submissions: July 16, 2020 | Submission deadline EXTENDED:
October 14, 2020 November 29, 2020
(At the time of submission, indicate that the paper is intended for the Photovoltaics for the 21st Century focus issue.)
Hiroki Hamada, Kinki University, Japan | email@example.com
Thad Druffel, University of Louisville, U.S. | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jae-Joon Lee, Dongguk University, South Korea | email@example.com
Meng Tao, Arizona State University, U.S. | firstname.lastname@example.org
Fan Ren, University of Florida, U.S. | email@example.com
Krishnan Rajeshwar, The University of Texas at Arlington, U.S. | firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW FOR 2020: If selected at submission, accepted papers are published online in the ECS Digital Library within 24 hours of scheduling for publication. The version of record is published online within approximately 10 days of final acceptance.
All papers published in this focus issue are OPEN ACCESS at NO COST to the authors. Articles are published in a standard issue of the journal as they are accepted. The focus issue is curated online with the final article published by March 2021.