Reports to: Director of Publications
Classification: Full–Time Exempt
Responsible for the timely and accurate support of the publication processing of ECS Transactions and peer review Journals by performing duties related to manuscript submissions, acceptance, online publication, quality check and through to final publication.
- Provide support and assistance to Editorial leads in managing ECS Transactions (ECST) and ECS proceedings operations:
- Process manuscripts in the submission and editorial database, the ECST submission and editorial workflow.
- Communicate with authors on inquiries related to paper uploads and general questions through the ECST inbox.
- Responsible for timely and accurate production of final issues.
- Work collaboratively with the director of publications to promote ECST content at meetings and conferences, including marketing, sales & distribution of publications and engagement of attendees to promote author submissions.
- Perform support tasks for other ECS journals:
- Author service and support
- Conduct weekly outreach to authors who have not provided proof corrections within the allotted time frame.
- Quality check of newly submitted or revised manuscripts.
- Quality Check (VQC) of articles before they are published online.
- Support journal production staff to prepare manuscripts for production.
- Provide digest information for newly published journal articles to ECS marketing staff (for promotion) and Clarivate (for indexing in Web of Science) on a daily basis.
- Perform various duties as requested by the director of publications.
- Internal: Reports to the director of publications. Works collaboratively with the publications content manager and other publications staff as well other ECS staff.
- External: Has regular contact with outside vendors. Has frequent contact with ECST and Journal editors, authors, symposium organizers, division officers, and other ECS constituents.
PREREQUISITES FOR THE JOB
- Education and/or experience: Bachelor’s degree and/or 2-4 years relevant equivalent work experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation and focus.
- Excellent project management, time management, and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, able to effectively deal with a certain degree of autonomy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience at working in a team environment across multiple departments with competing interests and priorities.
- Technologically savvy with an ability to apply knowledge to improve and advance the delivery of programs and services.
- Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to multi-task under high demand with frequent tight deadlines.
- Must be able to travel as necessary to meet job requirements.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The specific demands for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to effectively use all assigned computer equipment and tools.
- Requires long periods of time in front of a computer screen.
- May be expected to lift boxes and other collateral materials of up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Availability to travel to meetings and conferences for up to 7 days at a time. International travel may also be required.
- Work usually performed in an office setting.
- Employee may be required to perform part of essential duties in a convention hall setting at meetings and conferences at least 2 times per year.
- Fast-paced environment with the need to juggle multiple demands.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends to meet heavy work demands and frequent deadlines, as requested.
Interested? Apply today!
Contact Jessica Wisniewski, ECS Human Resources & Operations Manager: Jessica.Wisniewski@electrochem.org
Contact Adrian T. Plummer, Director of Publications: Adrian.Plummer@electrochem.org