Call for Papers
The Journal of The Electrochemical Society is publishing a focus issue in connection with the 17th International Symposium on Solid Oxide Fuel Cells (SOFC-XVII) that takes place digitally, July 18-23, 2021. This focus issue centers on research and development of solid oxide fuel cells (SOFCs), solid oxide electrolysis cells (SOECS), and related topics.
This virtual issue focuses on papers presented at SOFC-XVII. Exceptional submissions to the SOFC-XVII Transactions will be invited to submit manuscripts based on Transactions. However, other submissions are welcome.
This focus issue includes the following topics:
- Materials for cell and stack components (e.g. electrolyte, electrodes, interconnection, and seals)
- Fabrication methods for cell components, complete cells, and stacks
- Characterization and testing
- Cell, stack, and system modeling and simulation
- Durability and reliability
- Stack designs and their performance
- Utilization of different fuels with or without reformation
- Stationary power generation, transportation, and military applications
- High temperature electrolysis with solid oxide electrolytes (SOECs) and reversible cells
- Prototype SOFC and SOEC systems, field test experience, cost, and commercialization plans
Reviews, critical reviews, and perspective papers welcomed.
Accepting Submissions: April 9, 2021 | Submission Deadline: August 8, 2021
(At the time of submission, indicate that the paper is intended for the Solid Oxide Fuel Cells (SOFCs) and Electrolysis Cells (SOECs) focus issue.)
Eric D. Wachsman, University of Maryland, U.S. | email@example.com
Teruhisa Horita, AIST, Japan | firstname.lastname@example.org
Subhash Singhal, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, U.S. | email@example.com
Xiao-Dong Zhou, University of Louisiana at Lafayette, U.S. | firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Savinell, Case Western Reserve University, U.S. | email@example.com
Articles are published in a standard issue of the journal as they are accepted. If selected at submission, accepted papers are published online in the ECS Digital Library within 24 hours of scheduling for publication. The version of record is published online within approximately 10 days of final acceptance.
OPEN ACCESS: As part of the Author Choice Open Access program, authors can select to have their papers published as open access. If open access is selected at the time of submission, authors must agree to pay an article processing charge (APC) if the paper is accepted. ECS members receive a 75 percent discount on all APCs. All discounts are applied at the time of payment. Authors from ECS Plus subscribing institutions are eligible to have APCs waived. Check if your institution subscribes to ECS Plus.