Success in the industry takes more than a passion for science—it requires staying up to date on industry trends, presenting and publishing your research, and expanding your network. Not only will you find all of this at an ECS meeting, but a little preparation goes a long way when it comes to making the most of your time during the week.
- Create an account for the online program and create your own personal schedule
- Check the meeting homepage regularly for new information.
- Get familiar with the highlighted events.
- Mark your itinerary for the division and society award talks, and of course the plenary.
- Start planning who you will visit on the exhibit hall.
- Get to know Dallas and plan your sightseeing adventures now.
The attire for the conference is business casual. Session rooms can get chilly so we highly recommend you dress in layers and wear comfortable walking shoes.
Dallas’s weather is warm in May with daily high temperatures from 80°F/27°C to 87°F/30°C, rarely falling below 72°F or exceeding 93°F. Check out the forecast to plan accordingly.
What to bring
- Business cards – you’ll be doing a lot of networking
- Day bag – meeting days are long. Bring a backpack or briefcase to carry items you need as there will not be opportunities to go back to your room throughout the day
- Reusable water bottle and coffee mug – go green!
- Notebook and pen – it may sound obvious but you want to make sure you have these on hand at all times
Who to ask
ECS Staff members can easily be picked out of a crowd. Look for our signature blue polos with the ECS logo or a nametag with a “Staff” ribbon. We are always happy to take a moment and answer your questions or listen to feedback. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org today if you have specific questions or concerns you’d like to discuss in advance.
Important things to remember
- Registration will open at 1600h on Saturday, and then every morning through Thursday at 0700h, in the Lone Star Preconvene area of the Sheraton Convention Center.
- When labeling event locations, we use the following abbreviations to distinguish between the different buildings:
- SH – Sheraton Hotel
- SHS – Sheraton Hotel South Tower
- SCC – Sheraton Convention Center
- Help ECS with our goal to live our mission and reduce our impact on the environment by accessing the meeting program online. Between the online version, which is available in advance of the printed copy on the meeting homepage, and the meeting app, all of the same information is available at your fingertips with little to no environmental consequences!
See you soon!