Thinking about starting a student chapter? There’s no better time to apply than now! Send us your completed application before September 15, 2016 and get your student chapter approved this October at PRiME 2016!
What are student chapters?
ECS student chapters are student-led groups which provide student members vital opportunities to enhance their professional development and academic experience through promoting electrochemical and solid-state science and technology. Every student chapter is a collaborative community which rewards its members with serviceable benefits.
Benefits of a student chapter
Student chapters offer a great deal to their student members in the form of academic, professional development, and networking opportunities.
- Engage with fellow students and peers
- Opportunities to organize technical meeting programs and scholarly activities
- Collaborate with members to present posters at ECS bi-annual meetings
- A network of 8000 international ECS members
- Access to career resources
- Impressive extracurricular activity for resume
- Funding to support chapter activities
- Partnership opportunities with local ECS Section on activities and technical programs
- Recognition on the ECS website and in quarterly publication, Interface
Qualifications to establish a student chapter
Are you qualified to found an ECS student chapter? Check out the requirements below!
- Chapter members must have active ECS membership status
- Students must be affiliated with an educational institution
- Secure endorsement of a faculty advisor who is an active member of ECS
- A minimum of six (6) students required to form a chapter at an academic institution or as a regional chapter that includes several neighboring academic institutions
- The Chapter shall coordinate a minimum of two activities annually that promote electrochemical and solid-state science and technology
Not an ECS member? Apply now!
Get started today!
Forming an ECS student chapter isn’t rocket science. Begin by following these simple steps:
- Establish a leadership structure that includes a President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer
- Collaborate with Faculty Advisor to develop a proposed meeting schedule and activities
- Designate a proposed student chapter name
- Complete the New Student Chapter Application and submit it to ECS
Want to learn more? Review these additional Guidelines for ECS Student Chapters.
Please send all completed applications to email@example.com.
The timeline for new student chapter approval at PRiME 2016 is listed below. Mark your calendars!
- Applications due to ECS Headquarters: No later than Thursday, September 15, 2016
- Presentation of Prospective Chapters to the ECS Individual Membership Committee: Monday, October 3, 2016
- Presentation of Prospective Chapters to the ECS Board of Directors for Approval: Thursday, October 6, 2016
- Notification of Status: No later than Friday, October 28, 2016
We look forward to welcoming your student chapter into the ECS community!