Students around the world are excited to belong to The Electrochemistry Society (ECS)’s global community. The ECS student chapter program continues to add new chapters. At the recent 236th ECS Meeting, the Individual Membership Committee and Board of Directors approved the chartering of six more student chapters. They are Clarkson University (US), University of Pennsylvania (US), University of Waterloo (Canada), Yokohama National University (Japan), Swiss Student Chapter (Switzerland), and Czechoslovak Student Chapter (Czech and Slovak Republics).
Congratulations to our newest student chapters! ECS now supports 93 student chapters.
ECS student chapter membership provides many benefits, including:
- Engaging with students and peers
- Organizing technical meeting programs and scholarly activities
- Collaborating with members to present posters at ECS bi-annual meetings
- Networking with 8,000 international ECS members
- Accessing career resources
- Adding impressive extracurricular activity for resume
- Funding to support chapter activities
- Partnering with local ECS sections on activities and technical programs
- Receiving recognition on the ECS website and in ECS’s quarterly publication, Interface