ECS wants you to learn how to publish with a trusted journal. A cross-industry initiative called Think.Check.Submit. is led by representatives from various organizations and publishers that encourages authors to find trusted journals for their research. It provides easy steps to follow about safe publishing as well as questions authors should be asking themselves.
ECS and our friends at Think.Check.Submit. are encouraging authors to:
- Are you submitting your research to a trusted journal?
- Is it the right journal for your work?
- Is the journal authoritative and comprehensive?
- Do you or your colleagues know the journal?
- Do you recognize the editorial board?
- Is the journal clear about the type of peer review it uses?
- Publishing in the right journal will raise your professional profile and help you progress in your career.
- The journal should be long-term and easily discoverable.
- There should be fast turn-around time.
The initiative increases author knowledge about smart publishing. It aims to protect authors from sharing their work with untrustworthy publishers. The initiative can be found online at thinkchecksubmit.org and is provided free of charge.
Learn how to publish with ECS and get recognized for your work with our scholarly viewers!