The following are the 2019 updated deadlines and submission guidelines for section and student chapter news to be considered for Interface.
2019 Submission Deadlines for Sections & Student Chapters
- Spring – January 16
- Summer – April 17
- Fall – July 17
- Winter – October 16
Submit your section and student chapter news articles to: Shannon.Reed@electrochem.org
Point of View: Material must be written in third person.
Timeliness: Interface is published quarterly – spring, summer, fall, and winter. It is best that your chapter update includes information about events, initiatives, accomplishments, etc., from within the last three to six months.
Details: Be specific. If you describe an activity, state where, when, and who. Give the full names of the speakers and other participants in the article. Double check the spelling of the names, both persons and places. Consider, whether someone may prefer to be referred to (in a publication) by Ms., Dr., or Prof., instead of a first name.
Formatting: Do not format your documents, except for paragraphs and italics, etc., if you need them. The text will be reformatted. Submit all material in English via a Microsoft Word document.
Pictures: Pictures help to showcase your members and events – helping draw attention to your chapter activities. Ensure that your photo(s) meet the below requirements:
- Each picture MUST be provided as a separate attachment.
- Photos must have a resolution of at least 300dpi; this means that the picture file will likely be larger than 1 MB.
- Captions must be included for each picture within the Microsoft Word document. Captions should include a brief one sentence description and listing of the individuals or group name in the photo.
- With a picture showing several recognizable people, provide names (usually, left to right). Your photo caption should include a list of their names if the group is less than six to eight people; if the group is larger, then it is likely the resolution is not high enough to recognize each person and it is better to provide the name of the group in the photo.
- Photos that have individuals under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a release form signed by a legal guardian. Contact Shannon.Reed@electrochem.org for this form.
Length: Submissions should contain enough content to be concise and relevant; and, the length of your submissions throughout the year may vary dependent on the number of activities you have scheduled. A decent starting point is a submission of two to three paragraphs.
You may also review the submission guidelines outlined in the ECS Digital Library.
ECS is looking forward to your contributions!