Student & postdoc travel grants
- Postdocs, graduate, and undergraduate students can apply.
- Applicants giving an oral presentation in a symposium sponsored or co-sponsored by the OBE Division are eligible to apply for a travel award.
- Awardees are required to attend the OBE Division luncheon/business meeting (lunch complimented with the award). This is an excellent opportunity to get to know the functioning of OBE and for networking with peers.
The application for the grant must include:
- A copy of submitted abstract to an OBE sponsored/co-sponsored symposium.
- A one-page resume detailing the applicant’s academic and professional accomplishments (single spaced, 0.5-inch margin all sides, Times New Roman 12/Arial 11 font size).
- A letter of support (one-page) from the research supervisor justifying the applicant’s credentials for consideration of a travel award.
Applicants will be assessed based on their academic and research performance (e.g., progress towards their degree, research productivity, publications, professional service, and the strength of the letter of support from their supervisor).
Apply electronically by selecting the application button on the top right-hand corner. Only applications using the online submission system will be accepted. All applicants are required to submit a curriculum vitae (CV) with their application