Student & postdoc travel grants
The Texas Section of ECS supports the travel of one or more students to each biannual ECS meeting. Applicants for this award must be enrolled in a graduate or upper-level undergraduate program at an institution in Texas, or have graduated from such an institution within 12 months at the time of the meeting, and must give an oral or poster presentation at the meeting.
Terms & eligibility requirements:
- Current membership in ECS at the time of submission and notification.
- Only one individual from a research group will be awarded with an ES travel grant for each meeting. The applications will be evaluated on the basis of merit by the Executive Committee of the Texas section.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not been awarded a travel grant from the Texas section in the past year.
- Students will be assessed according to their scientific impact relying on publications and professional service record, as well as the strength of the supporting letter from their faculty or supervisor.
- Students awarded travel grants may receive up to $500 USD. The actual amount and number of awards will be decided by the Executive Committee of the Texas Section.
- Students must submit the ECS student travel grant application form, a one-page résumé, a supporting letter from their faculty or research supervisor, and a copy of their abstract.
Please visit the biannual meeting travel grant page and apply electronically using the online application process. Only applications using the online submission system will be accepted.
For ECS biannual meetings, applications must be received by the submission deadline listed on the ECS biannual meeting travel grant page.