Sponsored by Neware Technology Limited
Nomination period: October 15 through January 15, annually
Presented: ECS fall meeting, annually
The ECS Battery Division Early Career Award Sponsored by Neware Technology Limited was established in 2020 to encourage excellence among early career professionals in battery and fuel cell research. The award’s primary purpose is to recognize and support developing talent and future leaders among early career professionals in battery and fuel cell science and technology.
The award’s field of interest is “that area of electrochemical knowledge which deals with the mechanisms, theory, materials, and design of devices (primary and secondary cells, and batteries and fuel cells) in which chemical energy can be converted into usable electrical energy by an electrochemical process.”
ECS Battery Division Early Career Award winner selection is based on the importance and significance of their science and technology (S&T) achievements/major contributions to the field of batteries or fuel cells as seen in the publication(s) where they are reported. The award recognizes recent achievements/ contributions that can impact future research and development.
- Current member(s) of The Electrochemical Society and the ECS Battery Division;
- Completed their PhD within 10 years of the nomination deadline date. Timeline extensions for special reasons (i.e., childbirth, military service, long-term illness) are considered on a case-by-case basis;
- Shows exceptional promise in scientific research excellence as well as leadership, advocacy, outreach, or teaching;
- Lead author or major contributor to a paper or papers, one of which appeared in an ECS journal;
- Paper(s) evidence novelty and scientific excellence of high order. Factors considered include:
- Originality of concept and impact;
- Thoroughness of experimental approach and/or robust theoretical analysis and modeling;
- Logic of conclusions;
- Clarity of presentation.
A complete nomination package includes:
- Electronic Nomination Form;
- Copy of publication(s) on which the nomination is judged, one of which appeared in an ECS journal;
- Additional documents may include:
- Nomination letter;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Letter(s) of support.
Unsuccessful nominations are considered for one additional award cycle.
ECS Battery Division Early Career Award Committee members may not submit nominations or letters of support during their terms of service.
The award consists of:
- Framed certificate;
- USD $2,000;
- Complimentary registration at the designated ECS meeting;
- Up to USD $2,000 in travel expenses to attend the ECS meeting where the award is presented.
The award recipient:
- Writes a featured review article in the Journal of The Electrochemical Society on a topic of their choice;
- May be asked to present a lecture to the ECS Battery Division at the Society’s fall meeting when the award is presented.
About Neware Technology Limited
Neware is a leading battery testing system provider headquartered in Shenzhen, China. The company has been committed to providing high performance battery testing systems since 1998.
For more information or questions, contact email@example.com.