ECS publishes virtual focus issues in order to highlight scientific and technological areas of current interest and future promise that are expanding rapidly or have taken a new direction.
Calls for Papers are available for the following focus issue(s):
- JES: Pulse Electrolysis, Industrial Electrochemical Engineering, and Scale-Up: In Honor of E. Jennings (EJ) Taylor – Submission deadline EXTENDED: April 26, 2024
- JES: Celebrating Electrochemistry and Electrochemical Engineering at Case Western Reserve University – Submission deadline: June 3, 2024
- JES: Trends and Biohybrid Approaches in Microbial Electrochemical Systems – Submission deadline EXTENDED: July 1, 2024
- JSS: Chemical Mechanical Planarization (CMP): Past, Present, and Future in Honor of S. V. Babu– Submission deadline: September 5, 2024
Look for Calls for Papers coming soon for focus issues on these topics:
- JES: Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell and Proton Exchange Membrane Water Electrolyzer Durability III – Accepting submissions: April 1, 2024
- JES: Proton-Coupled Electron Transfer Research and Teaching: In Honor of Diane K. Smith – Accepting submissions: January 3, 2025
Articles are published in a standard issue of the journal as they are accepted. If selected at submission, accepted papers are published online in the ECS Digital Library within 24 hours of scheduling for publication. The version of record is published online within approximately 10 days of final acceptance.
OPEN ACCESS: As part of the Author Choice Open Access program, authors can select to have their papers published as open access. If open access is selected at the time of submission, authors must agree to pay an article processing charge (APC) if the paper is accepted. ECS members receive a 75 percent discount on all APCs. All discounts are applied at the time of payment. Authors from ECS Plus subscribing institutions are eligible to have APCs waived. Check if your institution subscribes to ECS Plus. There are no article processing charges for focus issue articles submitted before the end of 2020 that are accepted for publication.
If you would like to propose a future focus issue, please complete the Focus Issue Proposal Form.