ECS publishes virtual focus issues in order to highlight scientific and technological areas of current interest and future promise that are expanding rapidly or have taken a new direction.
Calls for Papers are available for the following focus issue(s):
- JES: Nucleation and Growth: Measurements, Processes, and Materials – Submission deadline: June 29, 2022
- JSS: ECS Nano: Early Career Researchers – Submission deadline: August 17, 2022
Look for Calls for Papers coming soon for focus issues on these topics:
- JES: Heterogeneous Functional Materials for Energy Conversion and Storage II – Accepting submissions: June 30, 2022
- JSS: Complex Multi-Metal Carbides – Accepting submissions: July 18, 2022
- JES: Selected Papers Related to IMLB 2022– Accepting submissions: August 4, 2022
- JES: Frontiers of Chemical/Molecular Engineering in Electrochemical Energy Technologies in Honor of Robert Savinell – Accepting submissions: September 29, 2022
- JES: Critical Factors in Localized Corrosion in Honor of Gerald Frankel – Accepting submissions: October 6, 2022
- JES: Multiscale Modeling, Simulation and Design: In Honor of Ralph E. White – Accepting submissions: November 3, 2022
Articles are published in a standard issue of the journal as they are accepted. If selected at submission, accepted papers are published online in the ECS Digital Library within 24 hours of scheduling for publication. The version of record is published online within approximately 10 days of final acceptance.
OPEN ACCESS: As part of the Author Choice Open Access program, authors can select to have their papers published as open access. If open access is selected at the time of submission, authors must agree to pay an article processing charge (APC) if the paper is accepted. ECS members receive a 75 percent discount on all APCs. All discounts are applied at the time of payment. Authors from ECS Plus subscribing institutions are eligible to have APCs waived. Check if your institution subscribes to ECS Plus. There are no article processing charges for focus issue articles submitted before the end of 2020 that are accepted for publication.