ECS publishes virtual focus issues in order to highlight scientific and technological areas of current interest and future promise that are expanding rapidly or have taken a new direction.
Calls for Papers are available for the following focus issue(s):
- JES: Frontiers of Chemical/Molecular Engineering in Electrochemical Energy Technologies in Honor of Robert Savinell – Submission deadline: December 28, 2022
- JES: Critical Factors in Localized Corrosion in Honor of Gerald Frankel – Submission deadline: January 4, 2023
Look for Calls for Papers coming soon for focus issues on these topics:
- JES: Molten Salts and Ionic Liquids III – Accepting submissions: December 22, 2022
- JSS: Recent Developments in Theory, Measurements and Applications of Luminescent Materials: A Tribute to Prof. B. Di Bartolo – Accepting submissions: February 16, 2023
- JES: Multiscale Modeling, Simulation and Design: In Honor of Ralph E. White – Accepting submissions: February 23, 2022
Articles are published in a standard issue of the journal as they are accepted. If selected at submission, accepted papers are published online in the ECS Digital Library within 24 hours of scheduling for publication. The version of record is published online within approximately 10 days of final acceptance.
OPEN ACCESS: As part of the Author Choice Open Access program, authors can select to have their papers published as open access. If open access is selected at the time of submission, authors must agree to pay an article processing charge (APC) if the paper is accepted. ECS members receive a 75 percent discount on all APCs. All discounts are applied at the time of payment. Authors from ECS Plus subscribing institutions are eligible to have APCs waived. Check if your institution subscribes to ECS Plus. There are no article processing charges for focus issue articles submitted before the end of 2020 that are accepted for publication.