ECS publishes virtual focus issues in order to highlight scientific and technological areas of current interest and future promise that are expanding rapidly or have taken a new direction.
Calls for Papers are available for the following focus issue(s):
- JES: Journey of Lithium-Ion: Performance, Safety, and Lifespan – Submission deadline: October 13, 2023
- JES: Sensor Reviews II – Submission deadline extended: November 17, 2023
- JES: Carbon Negative Technologies – Submission deadline: November 17, 2023
- JES: Focus Issue on SOFC XVIII: Advances in Solid Oxide Fuel Cell and Electrolysis Cell Technology– Submission deadline: December 1, 2023
Look for Calls for Papers coming soon for focus issues on these topics:
- JES: Pulse Electrolysis, Industrial Electrochemical Engineering, and Scale-Up: In Honor of E. Jennings (EJ) Taylor– Accepting submissions: October 27, 2023
- JES: Trends and Biohybrid Approached in Microbial Electrochemical Systems – November 1, 2023
- JSS: Chemical Mechanical Planarization (CMP): Past, Present, and Future in Honor of S. V. Babu – Accepting submissions: January 5, 2024
- JES: Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell and Proton Exchange Membrane Water Electrolyzer Durability III – Accepting submissions: Spring 2024
Articles are published in a standard issue of the journal as they are accepted. If selected at submission, accepted papers are published online in the ECS Digital Library within 24 hours of scheduling for publication. The version of record is published online within approximately 10 days of final acceptance.
OPEN ACCESS: As part of the Author Choice Open Access program, authors can select to have their papers published as open access. If open access is selected at the time of submission, authors must agree to pay an article processing charge (APC) if the paper is accepted. ECS members receive a 75 percent discount on all APCs. All discounts are applied at the time of payment. Authors from ECS Plus subscribing institutions are eligible to have APCs waived. Check if your institution subscribes to ECS Plus. There are no article processing charges for focus issue articles submitted before the end of 2020 that are accepted for publication.
If you would like to propose a future focus issue, please complete the Focus Issue Proposal Form.