ECS publishes focus issues in order to highlight scientific and technological areas of current interest and future promise that are expanding rapidly or have taken a new direction.
ECS is now accepting submissions for the following focus issue(s):
- JSS: Gallium Oxide Based Materials and Devices II – Submission deadline EXTENDED: June 1, 2020
- JES & JSS: 2D Layered Materials: From Fundamental Science to Applications – Submission deadline EXTENDED: June 14, 2020
- JES: International Meeting on Chemical Sensors (IMCS) 2020 – Accepting submissions: May 4, 2020
- JSS: Porphyrins, Phthalocyanines, and Supramolecular Assemblies in Honor of Karl M. Kadish – Submission deadline: May 31, 2020
- JSS: Solid-State Materials and Devices for Biological and Medical Applications II – Accepting submissions: April 2, 2020
- JES: Organic and Inorganic Molecular Electrochemistry – Accepting submissions: April 9, 2020
- JES: Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell & Proton Exchange Membrane Water Electrolyzer Durability – Accepting submissions: August 20, 2020
Look for calls for papers to be coming soon for focus issues on these topics:
- JSS: Photovoltaics for the 21st Century – Accepting submissions: July 16, 2020
- JES: International Meeting on Lithium Batteries (IMLB) 2020 – Accepting submissions: Summer 2020
- JES: Molten Salts and Ionic Liquids II – Accepting submissions: October 15, 2020
- JES: Recent Advances in Chemical and Biological Sensors & Micro-Nanofabricated Sensors and Systems – Accepting submissions: November 19, 2020
OPEN ACCESS: As begun in 2017, all focus issue papers are published as Open Access at NO COST to the authors. ECS waives the article processing charge as part of the Society’s ongoing Free the Science initiative.
Contact ECS if you are interested in any of the focus issues listed above, or if you would like to propose a future focus issue.