ECS publishes virtual focus issues in order to highlight scientific and technological areas of current interest and future promise that are expanding rapidly or have taken a new direction.
Calls for Papers are available for the following focus issue(s):
- JSS: Selected Papers from the International Conference on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology 2021 (ICONN-2021) – Submission deadline: May 5, 2021
- JSS: Molecular Electronics– Submission deadline: June 2, 2021
- JSS: Dedicated to the Memory of George Blasse: Recent Developments in Theory, Materials and Applications of Luminescence – Submission deadline: July 28, 2021
- JES: Solid Oxide Fuel Cells (SOFCs) and Electrolysis Cells (SOECs) – Submission deadline: August 8, 2021
Look for Calls for Papers coming soon for focus issues on these topics:
- JES: 18th International Meeting on Chemical Sensors (IMCS 18) – Accepting submissions: May 6, 2021
- JES: Modern Electroanalytical Research in the Society for Electroanalytical Chemistry (SEAC) – Accepting submissions: June 3, 2021
- JES: Energy Storage Research in China – Accepting submissions: July 22, 2021
- JES: Advanced Electrolysis for Renewable Energy Storage – Accepting submissions: September 9, 2021
- JES: Biosensors and Nanoscale Measurements: In Honor of Nongjian Tao and Stuart Lindsay – Accepting submissions: October 7, 2021
- JES: Electrochemical Separations and Sustainability – Accepting submissions: November 5, 2021
Articles are published in a standard issue of the journal as they are accepted. If selected at submission, accepted papers are published online in the ECS Digital Library within 24 hours of scheduling for publication. The version of record is published online within approximately 10 days of final acceptance.
OPEN ACCESS: As part of the Author Choice Open Access program, authors can select to have their papers published as open access. If open access is selected at the time of submission, authors must agree to pay an article processing charge (APC) if the paper is accepted. ECS members receive a 75 percent discount on all APCs. All discounts are applied at the time of payment. Authors from ECS Plus subscribing institutions are eligible to have APCs waived. Check if your institution subscribes to ECS Plus. There are no article processing charges for focus issue articles submitted before the end of 2020 that are accepted for publication.