ECS publishes virtual focus issues in order to highlight scientific and technological areas of current interest and future promise that are expanding rapidly or have taken a new direction.
Calls for Papers are available for the following focus issue(s):
- JSS: Photovoltaics for the 21st Century – Submission deadline EXTENDED:
October 14, 2020November 29, 2020
- JES: Future of Intercalation Chemistry for Energy Storage and Conversion in Honor of M. Stanley Whittingham – Accepting submissions: December 3, 2020
- JSS: Semiconductor Wafer Bonding: Science, Technology, and Applications – Accepting submissions: December 17, 2020
- JES: Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell & Proton Exchange Membrane Water Electrolyzer Durability – Submission deadline: December 18, 2020
- JSS: Solid State Reviews – Submission deadline: December 30, 2020
- JES: Characterization of Corrosion Processes In Honor of Philippe Marcus – Submission deadline: January 6, 2021
- JES: Molten Salts and Ionic Liquids II – Submission deadline: January 13, 2021
- JSS: 4D Materials and Systems + Soft Robotics – Submission deadline: February 3, 2021
- JES: Recent Advances in Chemical and Biological Sensors & Micro-Nanofabricated Sensors and Systems – Submission deadline: February 17, 2021
Look for Calls for Papers coming soon for focus issues on these topics:
- JSS: Emerging Technology for Next Generation Photovoltaics – Accepting submissions: December 10, 2020
- JSS: Solid State Electronic Devices and Materials – Accepting submissions: January 28, 2021
- JES: Solid Oxide Fuel Cells (SOFCs) and Electrolysis Cells (SOECs) – Accepting submissions: April 8, 2021
- JSS: Recent Developments in Theory, Materials and Applications of Luminescence – Accepting submissions: April 29, 2021
- JES: 18th International Meeting on Chemical Sensors (IMCS 18) – Accepting submissions: May 6, 2021
- JES: Advanced Electrolysis for Renewable Energy Storage – Accepting submissions: September 9, 2021
Articles are published in a standard issue of the journal as they are accepted. If selected at submission, accepted papers are published online in the ECS Digital Library within 24 hours of scheduling for publication. The version of record is published online within approximately 10 days of final acceptance.
OPEN ACCESS: As part of the Author Choice Open Access program, authors can select to have their papers published as open access. If open access is selected at the time of submission, authors must agree to pay an article processing charge (APC) if the paper is accepted. ECS members receive a 75 percent discount on all APCs. All discounts are applied at the time of payment. Authors from ECS Plus subscribing institutions are eligible to have APCs waived. Check if your institution subscribes to ECS Plus. There will be no article processing charge for any focus issue article submitted before the end of 2020 that is accepted for publication.