Interface Submission Guidelines
The mission of Interface is:
- to provide a forum for the lively exchange of ideas and news among members of ECS and the international scientific community at large;
- to stimulate awareness of ECS as a leader on the technology frontiers through presentation of broad-based technical features and highlights from the field; and
- to communicate ECS news, information, and activities to its members and the scientific community.
Alternate issues highlight one of the Society’s Divisions by presenting the state of the technology of that Division’s field, as well as featured articles on that subject area. These contributions should be coordinated through the Interface Advisory Board member of the appropriate Division. Other timely articles of general interest to Society members also may be contributed. Articles submitted to Interface should be written for a diversified scientific audience, with a broad introduction and wide scope so that newcomers to that particular field can understand the issues, and with enough depth that experts in the field will find the article interesting.
Each Division should appoint, to the Interface Advisory Board, a representative, whose duties include:
- notifying the Division Executive Committee of decisions made by the Advisory Board;
- organizing the materials/information necessary for the issue of Interface which features the Division; and
- submitting to the Editor other technical and general information of related interest to the Division.
Authors should use the Interface Article Submission Checklist and follow the sample article instructions and the ECS Style Guide when preparing their technical articles.
Technical articles should be submitted to the Editor, Robert Kelly, at: email@example.com. To be considered for a specific issue of Interface, articles must be submitted to the editor by the following deadlines.
Content that has been submitted to a preprint service—such as ECSarXiv—may be submitted to Interface, provided it has been prepared in accordance with the author instructions.
Division news items should be submitted to Chris.Jannuzzi@electrochem.org.
Section news and Student Chapter news items should be submitted to Shannon.Reed@electrochem.org, ECS director of community engagement.
Student Chapters should review the submission guidelines published in the ECS Blog: Interface Student News Submission Guidelines. The guidelines also apply to submissions from ECS divisions and sections. In particular, figures and photographs must be submitted as separate files; they should not only be embedded in a Word or PowerPoint document. Figures and photographs must submitted as EPS files or high-resolution (300 dpi minimum) PDF, JPG, or TIFF files at the approximate size (height/width) intended for publication.
2019 Deadlines for Student Chapter and Sections News:
There are no page charges for publication, nor payments made by ECS for accepted articles or photographs published in Interface.