Follow these guidelines to submit Interface content
The mission of Interface is to:
- Provide a forum for the lively exchange of ideas and news among ECS members and the international scientific community;
- Stimulate awareness of ECS as a leader in technology frontiers through presentation of broad-based technical features and highlights from the field;
- Communicate ECS news, information, and activities to its members and the scientific community.
Alternate issues highlight a Society division by presenting the state of the technology of that division’s field, as well as featured articles on that subject area. These contributions should be coordinated through the Interface Advisory Board’s appropriate division member. Other timely articles of general interest to Society members also may be contributed.
Each division appoints a representative to the Interface Advisory Board, whose duties include:
- Notifying the ECS Division Executive Committee of decisions made by the Advisory Board;
- Organizing the materials/information necessary for the issue of Interface featuring the division;
- Submitting to the Editor other technical and general information of related interest to the division.
Articles submitted to Interface should be written for a diversified scientific audience, with a broad introduction and wide scope so that newcomers to that particular field can understand the issues; and with enough depth that experts in the field will find the article interesting. Use the Interface Article Submission Checklist and follow the sample article instructions and the ECS Style Guide when preparing technical articles.
Submit technical articles to Editor Robert Kelly at email@example.com by the following deadlines to be considered for publication in a specific issue of Interface.
Content that has been submitted to a preprint service—such as ECSarXiv—may be submitted to Interface, provided it has been prepared in accordance with the author instructions.
2022 Interface technical article deadlines
Division, section, and student chapter news submissions
Submit division news to Christopher Jannuzzi, ECS Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer, at Chris.Jannuzzi@electrochem.org.
Submit section and student chapter news to Mr. Shannon Reed, Director of Community Engagement, at Shannon.Reed@electrochem.org.
Review the submission guidelines in the ECS Blog, 2022 Interface Division, Section, Chapter Submission Deadlines. Submit news by the following deadlines to be considered for publication in a specific Interface issue.
2022 student chapter and section news deadlines
Figures and photographs
- Figures and photographs must be submitted as separate files attached to emails.
- Do not submit figures and images only embedded in your Word or PowerPoint document.
- For figures, only EPS files or high-resolution (300 dpi minimum) PDFs are accepted.
- Photographs: only high-resolution (300 dpi minimum) accept JPG files at the approximate size (height/width) intended for publication are accepted.
- Photo captions
- Include a captions for each picture in your Microsoft Word document.
- Include a brief one-sentence description in each caption.
- List the names of all recognizable individuals in the photo (usually, from left to right) if the group is less than six to eight people.
- For larger groups, as the photo resolution is probably not high enough to recognize each individual, include just the group’s name.
- Photo permissions
- Photos of individuals under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a release form signed by a legal guardian. Contact Mr. Shannon Reed at Shannon.Reed@electrochem.org for the form.
- Written permission from the photographer allowing ECS to use the photograph is required. An email from the photographer is sufficient.
- ECS will publish the photographer’s name/credit if requested.
NOTE: There are no page charges for publication, nor payments made by ECS for accepted articles or photographs published in Interface.