The ECS Sensor Division Student Research Award was established in 2021 to recognize promising students for conducting outstanding research in the field of sensors during their graduate training; and to encourage recipients to continue careers in the field and remain active in the ECS Sensor Division.
Nomination Deadline: March 1, annual
Presented: Fall meeting, annual
Only current (student) members of The Electrochemical Society are considered for the ECS Sensor Division Student Research Award. The recipient should be a lead or contact author in at least one of the ECS journals relevant to the Sensor Division topical interest area (TIA); and enrolled in a college or university at the time of the nomination deadline.
A complete nomination package includes:
- Electronic Nomination Form
- Nominee curriculum vitae (CV) that includes a record of achievements (e.g., publications, technical presentations, patents, etc.);
- Recent copy of Nominee’s college/university transcript showing current enrollment;
- List of Nominee’s key published or accepted paper(s); minimum of one relevant to an ECS Sensor Division TIA in an ECS journal as lead or contact author;
- Summary of Nominee qualifications that serve as the basis for the award (maximum of 5000 characters required);
- Nomination Letter from the Nominee’s research supervisor;
- Optional: up to two additional Letters of Support evaluating the Nominee’s qualifications.
The award consists of a framed certificate; US $200 prize; complimentary meeting registration; and ECS Sensor Division Business luncheon ticket. Multiple awards may be given.