The Industrial Electrochemistry and Electrochemical Engineering Student Achievement Award was established in 1989 to recognize promising young engineers and scientists in the field of electrochemical engineering. The awards are intended to encourage the recipients to initiate or continue careers in this field.
Nomination Deadline: September 1, annual
Presented: Spring meeting, annual
The recipient will must be enrolled in a college or university or have been accepted for enrollment. The recipient will have expressed or demonstrated interest in electrochemical engineering or applied electrochemistry through research.
The complete nomination package will include:
- Completed electronic nomination form;
- letter of recommendation from the nominee’s research supervisor;
- transcripts of all post-secondary school academic work;
- a description of the research project to be engaged in during the next year;
- a statement which describes the relationship of the project to the field of electrochemical engineering or applied electrochemistry;
- a biography, resume or curriculum vitae;
- a record of the applicant’s achievements in industrial work would also be suitable for inclusion with other application materials.
The outline and statement should be no longer than two double-spaced typewritten pages.
The award consists of a scroll and a US $1,000 prize. One year after receiving the award, each recipient will be requested to submit to the Division Chair a written summary of the research accomplished during the year. The recipients will not be required to attend a Society meeting to receive their awards.
Yasser Ashraf Gandomi
Bahareh Alsadat Tavakoli
Regis P. Dowd, Jr.
Venkata Raviteja Yarlagadda
Wei Yan and Christopher Arges
J. A. Drake
C. A. Smith