- All oral presentations MUST be in English.
- Speakers are required to bring their presentation on a USB flashdrive only.
- Laptop computers and LCD projectors are available in every session room for oral presentations. The use of personal computers is not allowed.
- Speakers requiring special equipment must make written request to ECS HQ no later than three weeks before the meeting; all special arrangements will be made at the expense of the author.
- There is no speaker ready room.
- You must arrive to your room 15 minutes before the session to load your presentation onto the conference computer and introduce yourself to the session Chairs.
- All poster presentations MUST be in English.
- Posters may only be displayed on their assigned day as listed in the meeting program.
- Your display must fit on a board approximately 3 feet 10 inches high by 3 feet 10 inches wide (1.17 meters high by 1.17 meters wide).
- Display all information from left to right, starting at the top left corner.
- The paper title, poster number, names and affiliations of all authors MUST be at the top of the display.
- Recommended print size for the title is 1” to 2” (2.5 cm to 5 cm) high.
- Minimize written text, using only when needed to emphasize data and/or to stimulate discussion.
- All illustrations, drawings, charts, pictures, graphs, figures, and captions should be large enough to be read from a distance of 5′ (1.5 m). Matted and finished photographs are recommended to enhance visibility.
- You may bring smaller copies of your poster (8.5×11 or A4 sizes only) for attendees to take away. Bring a clear folder to put them in and pin it the board with your display.
- Commercial advertisements or publicity are NOT be permitted in poster presentations. Authors violating this regulation will be asked to remove their presentations immediately.
To display your poster, adhere to these guidelines:
- Presenters are responsible for setting up their displays, being present during the entire scheduled poster session, and removing their displays at the conclusion of the poster session.
- No posters may be displayed without author participation. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE GRANTED.
- You may mount your poster only on your assigned day. Specific times for this will be detailed in your acceptance letter and also in the meeting program.
- Do not begin setting up your poster until all boards have been numbered; only hang yours on the appropriately numbered board.
- Remove your poster promptly at the end of the session. Unclaimed posters will be discarded.
- Pushpins and/or thumbtacks will be supplied.
- There will be two posters per board, so allow equal space for the second poster on your board.
- Authors are responsible for the security of their displays and all items of value. ECS will not assume any responsibility for lost, stolen, or broken articles.
- Special requirements should be addressed to the ECS HQ and symposium organizers prior to the meeting.