Nomination period: October 15 – January 15, annually
Presented: ECS fall meeting, annually
The Electrodeposition Division Early Career Investigator Award was established in 2015 to recognize outstanding early career researchers in the field of electrochemical deposition science and technology. Early recognition of highly qualified scientists is intended to enhance their stature and encourage especially promising researchers to remain active in the field.
- Current member of The Electrochemical Society;
- Outstanding research accomplishments;
- Early career investigators within 10 years of completing their PhDs, as of June 1 of the nominating year.
Individuals closely familiar with nominees’ research may submit nominations.
A complete nomination package includes:
- Completed electronic nomination form;
- Nomination Letter with a summary of the nominee’s research activities and accomplishments outlining the most important aspects of their work and the resulting contributions to electrochemical deposition science and technology. The importance of the nominee’s achievements should be assessed independently from the research conducted in the mentor(s) group;
- Nominee curriculum vitae (CV) with a record of achievements (e.g., list of publications, awards, presentations, involvement with scientific societies, etc.).
Unsuccessful nominations are automatically considered for one additional award cycle as long as eligibility remains valid (i.e., candidates completed their PhDs within 10 years of the award nomination year). Candidates applying exactly 10 years after receiving their PhDs do not receive repeat consideration.
Electrodeposition Division Early Career Investigator Award Committee members may not submit nominations or letters of support during their terms of service.
The award consists of:
- USD $1,000;
- Complimentary ECS meeting registration;
- ELDP Division Business Meeting and Luncheon Ticket.
The award recipient presents a lecture on their research at an ECS Electrodeposition Division symposium at the Society’s fall meeting when the award is presented.
For more information or questions, contact email@example.com.