E01—Metal electrodeposition from fundamentals to applications
Extended abstract deadline:
April 21, 2023
For additional information on 244th ECS Meeting symposia, consult more topic close-ups.
Symposium focus: The symposium covers recent advances in fundamental aspects, methods, and applications of electrochemical and electroless growth of epitaxial and polycrystalline thin films, alloys, multilayers, and nanostructures. The symposium brings together researchers from a broad range of areas of electrochemical and engineering science to discuss the current understanding of a link between the fundamental processes and properties of electrodeposited materials and applications.
Topics of interest include:
- Fundamentals of electrochemical nucleation and growth;
- Surface-controlled deposition;
- Electrochemical ALD and surface-limited replacement;
- Electrodeposition of alloys;
- Electrodeposition from ionic liquids;
- Deposition methods and approaches to control microstructure (texture and grain size) and properties;
- Electrochemical deposition of oxides, semiconductors, and compounds;
- External stimuli effect on the thermodynamics and kinetics of electrodeposition (such as light, magnetic fields, ultrasound, etc.).
The newly established ECS ELDP Division Early Career Forum (ECF) is organizing a special session within the symposium to showcase outstanding early-career researchers’ contributions in the areas of interest.
For more information, please consult the Call for Papers.