Symposium: B02—Carbon Nanostructures in Medicine and Biology
For more information on 245th ECS Meeting symposia, consult additional topic close-ups.
Deadline for submitting abstracts:
December 1, 2023
Symposium focus: This annual symposium covers the research and development of functional carbon nanomaterials for applications in any area of medicine and biology. Nanostructures explored may include carbon nanotubes, graphene, quantum dots, fullerenes and their hybrid constructs with polymers, nucleic acids, and other biomolecules. Symposium highlights include novel nanomaterials for drug transport and targeting systems, biomedical imaging, and toxicology studies, as well as innovative nanoscale biosensors for cancer, neuroscience, infections, and plant biology. Contributions from researchers in academia, industry, and national laboratories are welcome, including from students.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Prof. Laurent Cognet, Université de Bordeaux
- Dr. Ming Zheng, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Prof. Gözde Demirer, California Institute of Technology
- Prof. Yichun Wang, University of Notre Dame
- Dr. Sébastien Côté, Université de Montréal & Cégep de Saint-Jérôme
- Several co-organizers
- Prof. Delphine Bouilly, Université de Montréal
- Prof. Ardemis Boghossian, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
- Prof. Tatiana Da Ros, Università degli Studi di Trieste
- Prof. Markita Landry, University of California, Berkeley
- Prof. Jeffrey Halpern, University of New Hampshire
- Prof. Nicole M. Iverson, University of Nebraska–Lincoln
- Prof. Mekki Bayachou, Cleveland State University
- Prof. Jessica Koehne, NASA Ames Research Center
- Prof. Anton Naumov, Texas Christian University
- Prof. Noe Alvarez, University of Cincinnati
- Prof. Daniel Heller, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Weill Cornell Medicine
For more information, please consult the Call for Papers.