In a recently conducted survey of corresponding authors, ECS found that 58.3% of the 132 responders had registered for an ORCID iD. Over 31% had not registered, and 10.6% were not sure if they registered; of these individuals, 49% did not know about ORCID.
ECS believes all researchers should be aware of the benefits of registering for an ORCID iD—a free, persistent digital identifier which allows for automated linkages between you, your publications, and your professional enterprises.
Why should you register? Your ORCID iD:
- distinguishes you from other researchers
- ensures your research and activities are properly attributed
- connects you with your contributions and affiliations
- improves recognition and discoverability
- reduces the need for repetitive form-filling
- generates an easily accessible digital CV
- integrates with many institutions, funders, and publishers
- persists throughout your lifetime
Take 30 seconds today to permanently enhance your discoverability and connectivity as a researcher. Register for an ORCID iD!
Visit ORCID or check out ECS’s posts about ORCID.