Sponsored by Bio-Logic
The Energy Technology Division Graduate Student Award was established in 2012 to recognize and reward promising young engineers and scientists in fields pertaining to this division. The award is intended to encourage the recipients to initiate or continue careers in this field. Beginning in 2017, the award is sponsored by Bio-Logic for a total of five award cycles.
Nomination Deadline: September 1, annual
Presented: Spring meeting, annual
The recipient(s) must be enrolled in a college or university as a graduate student or have been accepted for enrollment by the nomination deadline. The applicant will have expressed or demonstrated interest in current and future energy sources, energy conversion, and energy storage through research. The award application must include:
- transcripts of all post-secondary school academic work;
- a description of the research project and results;
- a statement which describes the relationship of the project to current and future energy sources, conversion, and storage;
- a biography, resume or curriculum vitae including a record of the applicant’s achievements (e.g. publications, technical presentations, patents);
- a letter of recommendation from the applicant’s research supervisor including a clear statement of the student contributions to items 2 and 3 and research products listed in item 4. The description and statement should be no longer than two double-spaced typewritten pages.
The award consists of a scroll, a $1,000 prize, complimentary student meeting registration, and complimentary admission to the Division Business Meeting. The recipient is required to present a lecture in an ETD-sponsored symposium at the designated Society meeting where the award is presented.
Bio-Logic is a highly respected scientific instruments company which designs and manufactures high performance research laboratory instruments for electrochemistry, spectroscopy, and rapid-kinetics. The company is well-known among the ECS community because of their long-standing involvement as a member and an ECS biannual meetings sponsor and exhibitor.