Abstract Selection Process
- Authors will submit an abstract to be considered for presentation at an upcoming ECS Meeting. All submissions must be made electronically via the abstract website.
- Once the deadline has passed, the Symposium Organizers will evaluate all abstracts for content and relevance to the symposium topic
- The Organizers will schedule all acceptable abstracts as either oral or poster presentations.
- Abstracts found unacceptable may either be rejected or moved to a more appropriate symposium.
- Once all abstracts have been scheduled, Letters of Acceptance will be sent to the corresponding authors of the accepted abstracts.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in the ECS Digital Library.
Abstract Submission Process
You will need the following information:
- Abstract Title
- Abstract Text – A maximum of 750 words is allowed.
- One (1) Figure File – You may upload one image file containing any necessary figures/tables/equations. (JPG is the only allowed image format. PNG images will not be accepted.)
- Corresponding Author Information –Full name, affiliation, address, phone number, and email address.
- Co-author Information – The full names, affiliations, and email addresses for all co-authors.
You will encounter these action steps:
- Choose a symposium to present in.
- Request either oral or poster presentation type.
- Confirm that all co-authors are aware of your submission.
- Consent to the ECS Copyright Release.
- Note if it is a student presentation or not.
- Enter all of the abstract information (title/authors/text/image).
- Confirm all final details of the submitted abstract.
You MUST complete the confirmation step or the abstract will not be considered for presentation.
- DO NOT submit the same abstract to two different symposia; each abstract may only be submitted to ONE (1) symposium. Any duplicate abstracts will automatically be removed, leaving only the original submission.
- Once the abstract submission deadline has passed, all unconfirmed and incomplete submissions will be automatically removed.
ECS recently launched ECSarXiv, a preprint service for the community working in electrochemistry and solid state science and technology. This free service is for preprints and other preliminary communications that are not yet published in a peer-reviewed outlet. ECSarXiv offers an excellent opportunity to draw more attention to your meeting presentation or poster, and provides a venue to share your work, no matter the format. Find out more or submit now!
- All oral presentations MUST be in English.
- Authors are required to bring their presentation on a USB flashdrive only.
- Laptop computers and LCD projectors are available in every session room for oral presentations, so presenters do not need to bring their own laptop.
- Speakers requiring special equipment must make written request to ECS HQ no later than three weeks before the meeting; all special arrangements will be made at the expense of the author.
- There is no speaker ready room.
- Arrive to your session room early and introduce yourself to the session Chairs.
- All poster presentations MUST be in English.
- Posters may only be displayed on their assigned day as listed in the meeting program.
- Your display must be approximately 1.17 meters high by 1.17 meters wide (3 feet 10 inches high by 3 feet 10 inches wide).
- Display all information from left to right, starting at the top left corner.
- The paper title, poster number, names and affiliations of all authors MUST be at the top of the display.
- Recommended print size for the title is 2.5 cm to 5 cm (1” to 2”) high.
- Minimize written text, using only when needed to emphasize data and/or to stimulate discussion.
- All illustrations, drawings, charts, pictures, graphs, figures, and captions should be large enough to be read from a distance of 5′ (1.5 m). Matted and finished photographs are recommended to enhance visibility.
- You may bring smaller copies of your poster (8.5×11 or A4 sizes only) for attendees to take away. Bring a clear folder to put them in and pin it the board with your display.
- Commercial advertisements or publicity are NOT be permitted in poster presentations. Authors violating this regulation will be asked to remove their presentations immediately.
To display your poster, adhere to these guidelines:
- Presenters are responsible for setting up their displays, being present during the entire scheduled poster session, and removing their displays at the conclusion of the poster session.
- No posters may be displayed without author participation. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE GRANTED.
- You may mount your poster only on your assigned day. Specific times for this will be detailed in your acceptance letter and also in the meeting program.
- Do not begin setting up your poster until all boards have been numbered; only hang yours on the appropriately numbered board.
- Remove your poster promptly at the end of the session. Unclaimed posters will be discarded.
- Pushpins and/or thumbtacks will be supplied.
- Authors are responsible for the security of their displays and all items of value. ECS will not assume any responsibility for lost, stolen, or broken articles.
- Special requirements should be addressed to the ECS HQ and symposium organizers prior to the meeting.