ECS seeks to fill the position of Technical Editor for the Journal of The Electrochemical Society in the Electrochemical Engineering (Industrial Electrochemistry and Electrochemical Engineering [IE&EE]) topical interest area (TIA).
Interested candidates should complete the ECS Editorial Opportunities Form and upload all required materials on or before the deadline.
Self-nominations are due no later than May 15, 2023
About the role
The Electrochemical Society family of journals is led and supported by dedicated experts focused on furthering ECS’s mission to advance theory and practice at the forefront of electrochemical and solid state science and technology, and allied subjects. Those serving the Society in editorial roles volunteer their time and talents to achieve the greatest possible distribution by maximizing the journals’ value to readers and authors, and the quality and quantity of journal submissions.
Editorial roles are appointed for defined terms in alignment with respective publications’ charters and The Electrochemical Society’s governing bylaws.
Technical Editors are appointed for a minimum initial two-year term, renewable for additional terms, with up to a maximum of 12 total years of service in this role.
Editorial board members are eligible to receive remuneration in the form of a stipend; subject to ECS Board approved budget parameters.
Nominees for these positions must possess and maintain scientific knowledge of the scope of the IE&EE topical interest area and be able to invest the time necessary to drive the journal toward a successful future.
Specific topics include:
- Double layer theory and experiments;
- Theoretical and experimental aspects of electrocatalysis;
- In situ spectroscopy;
- Photoelectrochemical cells;
- Scanning probe methods;
- X-ray and electron microscopy methods;
- Novel electrochemical measurements and practice drawn from fundamental concepts;
- Developments in theory.
Additional requirements include:
- Five or more years post PhD;
- Nominee has published work in the last five or more years in the respective topical interest area;
- Previous editorial experience is preferred but not required;
- Working knowledge of Committee on Publication Ethics Guidelines and Standards is required.
How to apply
Self-nominations are due no later than May 15, 2023. Interested candidates should complete the ECS Editorial Opportunities Form and upload all required materials on or before the deadline.