ECS announces the release of Adapting and Advancing, the 2020 Annual Report of The Electrochemical Society.
“The COVID-19 pandemic, with the compounding crises of faltering economies, social unrest, and science denial on an unimaginable scale, changed virtually every aspect of how we live and work,” said Stefan De Gendt, ECS President, 2020-2021. “Casting aside our best laid plans, the Society was forced to adapt and innovate in order to continue to support, convene, and advocate for our science. Together, we achieved our goals and realized the mission.”
Spotlight on 2020
Welcome to the successes and challenges of 2020! The Annual Report contains:
- Quotes from our members’ resilient responses to the global pandemic
- New ways we gathered digitally for meetings—and expanded our audience
- A banner year for ECS publications
- Minimal membership loss; growth in student chapters
- Support and recognition through honors, awards, fellowships, and grants
- A snapshot of strong financial health
- Appreciation for our generous individual, corporate, and institutional donors
ECS successfully traversed 2020 because we are a member-led, member-driven organization with a robust partnership between our members, volunteers, constituents, and staff. Thank you all!