Persons of certain nationalities wishing to visit the Schengen countries require a Schengen Visa. Depending on where you live, certain entry requirements must be met to visit Sweden. Others may enter the country with a valid passport if their visit is for 90 days or less. The visa application process can be lengthy. We recommend starting the process three to four months before your travel date.
For more information on Schengen Visa applications and requirements, click here.
Tips for Successful Visa Applications:
- Apply Early! Start the process at least three to four months before your planned travel date.
- Complete your application fully and accurately.
- Provide evidence of your intention to return to your country of residence, and/or binding or sufficient ties to your home country or permanent residence abroad.
- Provide proof of professional scientific and/or educational status, ECS membership, and ECS meeting registration.
- Request a letter of invitation.
- If an in person interview is required, dress professionally. Prepare for the interview in order to clearly and concisely describe your intentions.
The Brewery Conference Center Stockholm
Torkel Knutssonsgatan 2
118 25 Stockholm, Sweden
Stockholm is a welcoming and innovative city. Fashion, technology, music, film, design, and the game industry thrive here. It is a place where creativity grows, and where dreams and new ideas are realized. But most of all, it is a city that is open for everyone! It is not too early to start planning where you will eat and what things to do.
Learn how to get around like a local, discover what apps to download, and review practical information to make your visit stress free.
Questions or Concerns?
The mission of The Electrochemical Society is to advance theory and practice at the forefront of electrochemical and solid state science and technology. To do this, ECS encourages international participation in our meetings. Please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com regarding questions about international travel.