A Schengen Visa is required for persons of certain nationalities who wish to visit Schengen countries. Depending on where you live, you may need to meet certain entry requirements to visit Sweden—or if your visit is for 90 days or less, you may only need a valid passport. As it can be lengthy, we recommend starting the visa application process three to four months before your travel date.
To learn about Schengen Visa application types and requirements, click here.
Tips for successful visa applications
- Apply early! Start the process three to four months before your planned travel date.
- Complete your application fully and accurately.
- Provide evidence that you intend to return to your country of residence, and/or binding or sufficient ties to your home country or permanent residence abroad.
- Provide proof of professional scientific and/or educational status, ECS membership, and meeting registration.
- If the application center requires an in-person interview, dress professionally, and prepare ahead to describe your intentions clearly and concisely during the interview.
The Swedish Exhibition and Congress Centre
SE-412 94 Gothenburg, Sweden
Gothenburg is a friendly city on Sweden’s west coast, home to a vibrant cultural scene, world-class restaurants, sustainable living, and fascinating history—all within walking distance. Adventure is never far away, with wide open spaces and magical archipelago islands waiting to be explored.
Learn how to get around like a local; discover what apps to download; and review practical information to make your visit stress free.
Questions or concerns?
The mission of The Electrochemical Society is to advance theory and practice at the forefront of electrochemical and solid state science and technology and allied subjects. To do this, ECS encourages international participation in our meetings and offers assistance with questions about international travel. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org today.