The Electrochemical Society continues welcoming new student chapters into our supportive, global community. On October 13, 2022, the Board of Directors approved the chartering of six new student chapters; the Society now has 123 student chapters around the world.
Join us in welcoming these institutions into our ECS Student Chapter program:
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India
- Johns Hopkins University, U.S.
- University of Buffalo, U.S.
- University of Colorado Boulder, U.S.
- University of the Philippines, Philippines
- Xidian University, China
ECS Student Chapter membership provides many benefits, including:
- Engaging with students and peers;
- Organizing technical meeting programs and scholarly activities;
- Collaborating with members to present posters at ECS biannual meetings;
- Networking with 8,000+ international ECS members;
- Accessing career resources;
- Adding impressive extracurricular activities to resumes;
- Funding to support chapter activities;
- Partnering with local ECS sections on activities and technical programs;
- Receiving recognition on the ECS website and in ECS’s quarterly publication, Interface.
Visit the ECS Student Center for more information about student chapters. For the global scope of the Society’s student chapter network, view the Student Chapter Directory chapter list.
Interested in establishing an ECS Student Chapter at your academic institution? Review the guidelines for starting a chapter and submit a new student chapter application today!