Date: July 21, 2022
Time: 1000–1200h PT
Price: There is no cost to register for this event. Registration is required.
The webinar is open to the public; ECS membership is not required.
Hydrogen plays an important role in the decarbonization of our society. Hydrogen energy and hydrogen economy have regained momentum in recent years. In this workshop—hosted by the ECS Pacific Northwest Section and organized by Yuyan Shao (Chief Scientist, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory)—industry leaders provide their perspective and vision about hydrogen technologies and deployment, R&D needs, hydrogen’s roles in decarbonization, and more.
- Ronen Aronov, Director, Fuel Cell Program, Cummins, Cummins New Power Business Unit
- Max Cimenti, Principal Engineer/Scientist, Ballard Power Systems
- Kathy Ayers, Vice President of Research and Development, Nel Hydrogen
- Qingying Jia, Principal Project Scientist, Plug Power Inc.
- Mark Monroe, Principal Engineer, Microsoft Datacenter Advanced Development
- Hui Xu, CTO, Green Hydrogen, Head, H2 Center of Excellence, Envision Energy Group
- Olga A. Marina, Chief Scientist, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Aaron Feaver, Director, Joint Center for Deployment and Research in Earth Abundant Materials (JCDREAM)
Organized by Yuyan Shao, Chief Scientist, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Benefits of attending the webinar
- Roles of hydrogen and hydrogen technologies in decarbonization of our society;
- Status of industrial deployment of hydrogen technologies, e.g., fuel cells, electrolyzers;
- R&D needs and workforce development for hydrogen technologies.
ECS sections offer many opportunities for members to engage and expand their professional networks. Not a section member? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to join your region’s ECS section.
Learn more about upcoming ECS Webinars and review our previous webinar recordings.