ECS Corrosion Division Rusty Award for Mid-Career Excellence
Nominations are now being accepted for the new ECS Corrosion Division Rusty Award for Mid-Career Excellence. The award was established recently by the ECS Honors and Awards Program and Corrosion Division to recognize a mid-career scientist or engineer’s achievements and contributions to the field of corrosion science and technology.
A framed certificate; US $1,000 prize; and complimentary meeting registration are awarded to the recipient. The award is bestowed at the fall ECS biannual meeting; the recipient is expected to lecture on their research at a designated ECS Corrosion Division symposium during that meeting. Up to US $1,000 may be available to assist with travel expenses to facilitate attendance at the meeting.
The award is given to a scientist or engineer who has contributed to the field of corrosion science and technology. The nominee must have been an ECS Corrosion Division member for at least five consecutive years; published in an ECS journal; and satisfy one of the following:
- Hold a rank equivalent to Associate Professor/Associate Scientist/Associate Engineer or higher.
- Graduated with their final degree a minimum of 10 years and a maximum of 25 years prior to the deadline for award nomination.
Submissions must include:
- Electronic Nomination Form
- Nomination letter
- Nominee’s CV/Resume providing current employment and title; education and graduation dates; publications list; memberships and involvement with the Society; awards received; etc.
- Other pertinent information to assist Awards Committee members assess the candidate.
Nominations are due by December 15, 2021.