Depending on where you live, you may need to meet certain entry requirements to visit Canada. Most people need a visa OR Canada Electronic Travel Authorization (CanadaETA). Others need only a valid passport.
Detailed information on travel to Canada, including ETA, visa information, and the documents needed to enter the country, is at Visit Canada.
US citizens require a passport to enter Canada, not an ETA.
Visa-exempt foreign nationals require an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). ETA applications can be filed using a computer or mobile device. While most applications are approved within minutes, apply several weeks before scheduled travel in case additional documents are requested.
Visa applications can take much longer. Beginning the application process as early as three to four months before the travel date is recommended.
A visitor visa (also called a temporary resident visa) is an official document that shows that you meet the requirements needed to enter Canada. Apply for a visitor visa either online or on paper.
Tips for successful visa applications
- Apply at least three to four months before your planned travel date!
- Complete your application fully and accurately.
- Provide evidence that you intend to return to your country of residence and/or binding or sufficient ties to your home country or permanent residence abroad.
- Provide proof of professional scientific and/or educational status, ECS membership, and meeting registration.
- Request an ECS Letter of Invitation.
- If the application center requires an in-person interview, dress professionally. Prepare for the interview by being able to clearly and concisely describe your intentions.
Vancouver Convention Center, 1055 Canada Place, Vancouver, BC V6C 0C3, Canada
Vancouver, nestled between the Coast Mountains and the Pacific Ocean, is known for its majestic natural beauty. The city has ample things to see and do! It is never too early to start planning where to eat and what events to attend.
Learn to get around like a local, discover what apps to download, and review practical information that makes your visit stress-free.
Questions or concerns
The mission of The Electrochemical Society is to advance theory and practice at the forefront of electrochemical and solid state science and technology, and allied subjects. ECS encourages international participation in our meetings and offers assistance with questions about international travel. Contact email@example.com today.