The ECS student chapter program continues to experience tremendous growth with student chapters forming around the globe! During 235th ECS Meeting, the Individual Membership Committee and Board of Directors approved the chartering of six more student chapters:
- The American University of Cairo (Egypt)
- Xi’an Jiaotong University (China)
- Purdue University (US)
- Monterrey Student Chapter (Mexico)
- University of Southern California (US)
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (China)
Congratulations to our newest student chapters!
ECS now supports 87 student chapters! The student chapter program helps students collaborate on their campus and promote electrochemical and solid state science throughout their communities.
ECS student chapter membership provides a number of benefits:
- Engage with fellow students and peers
- Opportunities to organize technical meeting programs and scholarly activities
- Collaborate with members to present posters at ECS bi-annual meetings
- Network with 8,000 international ECS members
- Access to career resources
- Impressive extracurricular activity for resume
- Funding to support chapter activities
- Partnership opportunities with local ECS sections on activities and technical programs
- Recognition on the ECS website and in quarterly publication, Interface
Visit the Student Center for more information about student chapter membership. Check out the Student Chapter Directory to see a listing of our current student chapters and get a sense of the scope of our network.