While in Seattle, WA at the 233rd ECS Meeting, the ECS Board of Directors approved the chartering of six new student chapters.
The student chapter program continues to grow as students harness the benefits of student chapter membership. ECS now has 75 student chapters around the world!
The six new student chapters are:
- Complutense University of Madrid
- Florida Institutional University
- Ulm Student Chapter
- University of Guelph
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Yamagata University
ECS student chapter membership provides a number of benefits:
- engage with fellow students and peers
- opportunities to organize technical meeting programs and scholarly activities
- collaborate with members to present posters at ECS bi-annual meetings
- network of 8,000 international ECS members
- access to career resources
- impressive extracurricular activity for resume
- funding to support chapter activities
- partnership opportunities with local ECS Section on activities and technical programs
- recognition on the ECS website and in quarterly publication, Interface
Visit the Student Center for more information about student chapter membership. Check out the Student Chapter Directory to see a listing of our current student chapters and get a sense of the scope of our network.