Jobs, internships with ECS
ECS currently has openings for employment. If you would like to submit a resume, please email your HR & Operations Manager Tammi Doerfler.
Learn more about current employment opportunities at ECS:
ECS is an at-will employer. The information presented in any job description is not binding, and job duties/position may change to meet the Society’s need.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of gender, race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected class.
ECS student internship program
ECS employs sophomore, junior, and senior college interns year-round. Resumes are accepted beginning in December for the spring, May for summer, and August for fall.
Required hours: 15-20 hours per week
Duration: one semester (spring, summer, fall)
Compensation: class credit and a small stipend to offset living/travel costs
Description of internship opportunities
- Assists in quality checking abstracts in the online database
- Aids in processing letters of attendance, visa requests, and meeting registrations
- Assists with managing meetings inquiries from various constituents
- Aids in the creation and organization of meetings-based collateral
Membership services assistant
- Assists with development of resources for student chapters and sections
- Writes content for the ECS blog as it pertains to membership and student chapters
- Provides support for administrative and technological functions within the department
- Assists with copy editing journal manuscripts in preparation for production
- Assists with ECS in-house library reorganization
- Aids in the production of ECS Transactions, a proceedings publication
- A more developed sense of professionalism in the workplace and better preparation for the practical aspects of entering the workforce
- More in-depth knowledge of chosen field, as well as the overall functioning of nonprofit organizations
- Exposure to all levels of an organization, from line worker to Executive Director
- Real world experience with teamwork and collaboration in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
If you are interested in an internship with ECS, please forward your resume and a writing sample to Tammi Doerfler, HR & Operations Manager. If your resume meets our qualifications, you will be contacted for a phone interview.